CAMP FIA! - SUMMER PROGRAM AND CALENDAR
Fairfield International Academy (FIA) is delighted to invite students of ages 7 to 13 to participate in our day camp on the FIA campus in Spring Gardens, Montego Bay, along the waterfront. The two one-week sessions run in the last two weeks of the month of July and campers can attend either session or both.
CAMP FIA! - MEET THE
Dear Camp FIA! Families,
As we work together to overcome both worldwide and nationwide conditions of the COVID pandemic, we, at Camp FIA! are excited to continue offering meaningful, fun and safe summer experiences for our community. We are now building on the success of last summer to create an even more amazing experience for summer 2021, guided by our camp values: confidence, compassion, curiosity, social responsibility, mindfulness and gratitude. And it will be tons of fun, promising lots of new friends and loads of happy memories!
No matter what challenges are going on around the world, our camp is a safe haven for everyone to feel welcome and part of a joyful community. We hope you will join us for this summer’s magical experience at Camp FIA!
If you have any questions or want to see if camp is the right fit for your child, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I look forward to another amazing summer and seeing you all soon!
Camp FIA! Director
8:00 - 8:15 Drop-off
8:30 - 9:00 The Day's Orientation,
9:00 - 3:00 Programmed compact activities, breaks and lunch
3:00 - 3:15 Pick-up
Lunch is one hour, Bathroom/water breaks are 15 minutes, -10am – 10:15am
Supervision and instruction:
- Courses are taught by FIA instructors from the school year
- Supervision, support and mentoring is provided by camp counselors (volunteer FIA students who are trained and given daily structure and supervision)
- Four courses are offered for three hours per day. Students will select their course, based on their interest in the subject area.
- A variety of activities are integrated in each day to mix and match campers in all kinds of fun, physically engaging activities.
Camp attire and gear:
- Shorts and t-shirts with tasteful images are standard wear for each day
- Every camper must have a refillable water bottle, well identified as his/hers
- Covered hiking shoes or sneakers
- Swimwear and a towel (There is a pool on the school grounds)